What is WRAP?
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a simple and powerful process for creating the life and wellness you want. With WRAP, you can:
- Discover simple, safe, and effective tools to create and maintain wellness
- Develop an organized plan to identify stressors or triggers and how to use action planning to address these
- Develop a daily plan to stay on track with your life and wellness goals
- Identify what throws you off track and develop a plan to keep moving forward
- Gain support and stay in control even in a crisis
The WRAP process supports you to identify the tools that keep you well and create action plans to put them into practice in your everyday life. All along the way, WRAP helps you incorporate key recovery concepts and wellness tools into your plans and your life.Whatever your goals or challenges, WRAP can help you make a plan that really works, with results you can really see. For more than 20 years, people around the world have used WRAP to support their goals and transform their lives. How ever you define “wellness” for your situation, WRAP can help you achieve it, step by step, your way, and on your terms. WRAP can help you:
- Shape every aspect of your life the way you want it to be
- Gain freedom from troubling thoughts, behaviors, or patterns that repeat in your life
- Feel empowered in making decisions about your life
- Build a strong support network of people and resources to help you reach your goals
Seminar II gives participants the skills, knowledge, and materials to facilitate WRAP seminars . Seminar II is only for those who have completed WRAP Seminar I. To become certified WRAP Facilitators, participants in Seminar II participate in interactive learning activities, learn how to facilitate the structure of WRAP, illustrate their personal experience with WRAP, and show understanding of WRAP ethics and values. Participants can lead WRAP Seminar I upon completing WRAP Seminar II. WRAP Seminar II is a 3-5-day seminar depending on the # of facilitator candidates.
All seminars are led by trained and certified WRAP Facilitators.
5 Key Concepts:
1. Hope ~ We all experience some sort of life and health difficulties such as mental health challenges, addictions, loss, diabetes, or aging. Yet we can get well, stay well, and go on to fulfill our life dreams and goals
2. Personal Responsibility ~ It’s up to you to act and do what needs to be done to keep yourself well. It’s also up to you to ask others for help if you want it or need it.
3. Education ~ Learning all you can about what you are experiencing helps you make good decisions about all aspects of your life.
4. Self-Advocacy ~ Effectively reaching out to others and expressing your needs helps you get what you need, want, and deserve to support your wellness and recovery.
5. Support ~ Although working towards your wellness is up to you, receiving support from others and giving support to others will help you feel better and enhance the quality of your life.