Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in others’ lives while being able to share some of your own experiences? Then step up and check out this position!
We are in search of compassionate, empathetic, and encouraging people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to individuals diagnosed with a mental health disorder. The Mental Health Recovery Specialist provides support those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as a Mental Health Recovery Specialist but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $16.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Assists individuals in reestablishing roles in the community, developing support networks and increasing the quality of life.
- Provides smooth transition for individuals from State and Community Hospitals into community living.
- Assists individuals by helping them navigate the community Mental Health system through the sharing of personal stories designed for role modeling and mentoring.
- Helps individuals through accompaniment/assistance in developing social skills, interests and leisure time activities in the community. Must be available to provide services to individuals where and when these services are needed. This includes requests of both an emergency and non-emergency nature and will necessitate evening and weekend availability on the part of the staff. This will be accomplished through flexible working schedules and through participation in an on-call system.
- Promotes participation in Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) planning among individuals.
Location of available shifts: This position is in Allentown, PA.
Available shifts: Various hours available. Including but not limited to evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Staff work either Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday.
All Team Members must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have experience/involvement in a Mental Health System as a recipient of services
- have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.