Are you looking for a position where you assist individuals in Life Sharing homes? Do you enjoy engaging with families who share their homes with individuals in our service? Then look no further because we have the step in that direction!
We are in search of knowledgeable, understanding, and compassionate people to work in with individuals and families in our Life Sharing program. The Program Coordinator provides support to these families and individuals to achieve their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $17.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Recruits and assesses potential Lifesharing Sponsors to ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
- Assists Lifesharing Sponsors in counseling the program participant to deal more effectively with such matters as problem solving, interpersonal relationships, community responsibilities and civil rights to aid the program participant assume a more active role in family and community life.
- Assists Lifesharing Sponsors in documenting and monitoring the program participant’s medical, social, cognitive, and emotional well-being. Monitors the teaching of routine tasks necessary to provide support services to the program participant.
- Transports program participants to various locations, such as day program, doctor/clinic appointments, recreational activities, etc., when necessary.
- Participates in the operation of a 24-hour, 7 day per week on-call system.
Location of available shifts: We are hiring in Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Homes are located throughout these counties.
Available shifts: Primarily Monday – Friday, but hours may vary according to the needs of the individuals and families.
All Team Members must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
- Prefer knowledge about services in the community for individuals with developmental disabilities
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.