Do you enjoy working as a team and assisting with leading a team of staff who support individuals diagnosed with mental health disorders to gain skills needed to transition to living successfully in the community of their choice? Then step up to this position!
We are looking for caring, adaptable and diligent people with a passion for serving individuals with mental health disorders in a community residential rehabilitation setting. The homes are located in Bethlehem and Allentown, PA.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $20.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Oversee the staff assigned to the program with weekly, documented meetings.
- Establishes and maintains written/verbal communication with inter and intra-agency staff in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Provides on-site role modeling.
- Develops and monitors residential site staff schedule.
- Fulfills on-call responsibilities, including assuming the primary responsibilities and training and monitoring employees in the on-call procedures.
- Full- time status.
- All applicants must be available to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays. Staff work either Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday.
All Team members must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED
- At least three years of progressive employment working with individuals with mental health disorders or intellectual developmental disabilities
- have no prohibited criminal offenses
- possess a valid driver’s license with no suspension or points within the past 3 years
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.